I don’t know about you, but my family and I are enjoying this year’s Sumer Olympics! We are up late looking, cheering and screaming at the TV. It’s always a fun time to watch these games and I’m so giddy to have the entire family in the same room without complaining about the programming.
I’m not embarrassed to say that my motivating factor for watching the Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony is always to see and critique the outfits. Shhhh….don’t tell my kids.They think I’m just being patriotic! I am….but the fashion is my motivation. This year, there were a lot of ummm…. UNIQUE outfits….that’s putting it nicely. There were also lots of nicely tailored suits and fedoras galore! I was in a social media frenzy about the best and worst dressed teams. From jeans (yes they did!) to prom attire, the competing countries were supposed to represent on this night to show the world what they’ve got! Umm…well..OK…
Here’s MY top 10 (not ranking until number 1):
10. Belgium…Sophisticated, Sleek, Expected!
9. Cameroon…Gorgeous, Native, Exciting!
8. Gabon…Very similar to this year’s [my] number one!
7. Belize…Again similar to my fave this year!
6. Jamaica…Three words. They. Killed. It.
5. The Netherlands…Modelesque, Haute, Orange – my fave color!
4. U.S.A…Signature Ralph Lauren, Unmistakably Chic! GO USA!!!
3. Spain…Hot!!! Guys’ suits? Yes! Ladies’ gear? Meh…not so much! Maybe its just Ibaka…hmmm.
2. It’s a TIE! Burundi and Nigeria! Both very different yet beautiful.
And number one….according to the world of Smart & Sassy Mom….drumroll please…….wait for it….
1. Cayman Islands…Over-the-top, Love the green, Awesome!
The following three are definitely NOT in my WORST category. But its just that I was shocked, appalled and basically let down because of who they are. Italy (Armani did these!!!!), France (Fashion Mecca), and the Host Country, UK. Blah…Blah…and BLAH!
Well, this has all been my “sassy” opinion. In your opinion, who wore it best this year?
Keeping it Smart & Sassy,