I’m excited about the holidays. They mean family, friends and fun! For the grown-ups like myself, it means having “mommy juice”. Sometimes if you’re not throwing a huge soiree that requires a licensed bartender, that means the bartender is YOU! If you’re like me, you not only want to be the “hostess with the mostest” while entertaining your guests…you want to have a little fun yourself!
I always advise hostesses to prepare some of their most popular cocktails ahead of time. You know your guests and you know what your signature drinks are, so whip them up an hour or two before your guests arrive and place them in stylish carafes, so they can either self-serve or save you time refreshing their drinks and don’t forget to have lemon and lime wedges on hand.
I also know that there are some two-ingredient cocktails out there that are just as good the complicated concoctions and they leave you just as satisfied. Some of these have actual names and the others, well, let’s just say I was your guinea pig and they’re good. Trust me.
1. Bellini – Champagne and Peach puree (My mouth is watering right now.)
2. Pink Bikini – Simply Raspberry Lemonade and Malibu Rum (This is a great tasting mix!)
3. Rum and Coke – This is a classic that will never go out of style. (To switch things up a bit, try a spiced or coconut rum.)
4. Screwdriver – Vodka and orange juice (Another classic that you can put a tweak with mango flavored orange juice)
5.Comfortable Screw (pardon the name) – Southern Comfort and orange juice.
6. Vodka and Tonic – Easy breezy classic…(Use a flavored vodka for a little flair.)
7. Seven and Seven – Seagram’s 7 Gin and 7 up ( or Sprite, Sierra Mist, etc.)
8. I don’t know the name - Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and Simply Lemonade (This may be more of a summer drink, but I wanted you to know about it, in case you didn’t already. Tip: Counting calories? Use a sugar-free lemonade)
9. White Wine Spritzer – Your choice of a white wine and Diet Sprite (w/ frozen raspberries pictured below)
10. Greyhound – Citrus Vodka and a grapefruit juice
Do you have any two ingredient cocktails that you’d like to share? What about 3 ingredients? We’d like to know your secrets to being a fabulous hostess!!
Keeping it Smart & Sassy (KISS),