Recently one of my readers asked for ideas on how to keep her marriage fun and exciting on a budget, especially without a babysitter. Several ideas came to mind. To be honest, I have only tried a few of them, but looking forward to them all. Here are 5 FREE, romantic and fun ideas for couples to do when the kiddies are home:
1. Text each other while you’re in the same room. This is a fun and discreet way to send naughty and exciting messages to one another, especially when your kids are in the room with you. Eventually, the kids have to fall asleep. WARNING! This can become addictive.
2. Have a “not-so-average” movie night. This is what I like to call the “Cater to You” movie night. The ‘caterer’ waits on their spouse hand and foot. The receiving spouse gets all the pampering on this night, and the next time you switch places. The recipient may get a foot rub or a shoulder massage, but definitely the chance to pick their favorite movie or favorite genre of movie. The caterer also does everything from the husband painting his wife’s toenails to the wife feeding her husband grapes! It means even more when the caterer has to sit through a romantic comedy or one of those Jason Bourne movies. Give it a whirl!
3. Go star gazing. When the weather is nice, just go outside and star gaze. It can be on your patio, in your own backyard, pushing a stroller or pulling a wagon with the kiddies on tow. This is also a good way for the kids to fall asleep (hint hint). Its exciting yet relaxing for them to be in their pajamas and going for a little ride. On a clear night, this can very relaxing for the two of you and super-romantic if the kiddies are already in bed. Marveling at God’s work with your mate will always spark conversation!
4. Play photo booth! Grab your camera phone and start taking pictures of you two. Make funny faces, kissy faces, and the best photo is capturing a sweet kiss between the two of you! BONUS: Add your favorite photo of you two as your mate’s Caller ID photo.
5. Get some apps! We live a digital world. So, take advantage of apps. There are quite few them out there that are fun for couples There is a free iPhone app called Kinky Games. (Don’panic…it’s soft!) It’s just like a slot machine. You shake your phone and you get a combination of “fun” stuff to do with and to your honey! This is guaranteed to be a night of endless possibilities!
What are some ways you have fun with your mate at little or no cost, especially when you’re home with the kids?